The 2ndInternational Conference on Optimum Utilization of Salt Affected Ecosystems in Arid Regions, Cairo, Egypt, 8- 11 September, 2013.
It is my great pleasure to invite you to participate in the 2ndInternational Conference, Cairo, Egypt, 8- 11 September, 2013.
The conference will be organized by Desert Research Center (DRC), Egypt. It will be co-sponsored by international and national organizations. The conference will include invited keynote, oral and poster presentations. It will focus on the main following topics:
- Impact of global climate change on salt affected ecosystems.
- Environmental aspects of salt affected ecosystems.
- Prospects for saline agriculture in arid regions.
- Halophytes as a source for renewable energy.
- Sustainable use of water resources in arid regions.
- Land use and management of salt affected soils.
- New technologies for improving plant resistance to salinity.
- Livestock and poultry production under salt affected conditions
- Socio-economics and indigenous/traditional knowledge and heritage to enhance resilience of salt affected communities
For more information, please visit the conference website:
Prof. Hassan M. El Shaer
Dr. Hassan M. El Shaer
Ex- Vice President, Desert Research Center
Prof. Animal Nutrition& Rangelands Utilization
Mobile : +012- 05 98 3 964
Email : Hshaer49@hotmail.com